Sunday, December 5, 2010

Six Flags

Like my sister before me, one of my favorite places in the world is Cedar point-the roller-coaster lover's haven. Since it is in Ohio and I live in Nevada the next best thing is six flags in California ie, Magic Mountain. After 5 hours of driving in a seriously packed car(7 people in a 6 seater), it was quite a way to stretch our legs. The ride we started on was probably one of my favorite rides I've ever been on. This is pretty embarrassing to admit but since I can remember when I would get a wish, birthdays, shooting stars, 11:11 am or pm, I would wish that I could fly like superman does. This ride was the closest thing to actual flying that I've ever experienced. The ride holds you with the harness over the chest and your back is on the coaster track. Basically you are on your stomach, facing the ground while being flown through the whoop-di-doos at 60mph. Talk about rad. Unfortunately we have no pictures to accompany this life changing event, but here are some others. Here is our whole group-Devan's brothers and their significant others, plus one
Magic mountain is really a mountain so we ended up walking up and down this hill about 10 times
Devan had to try at least one game, luckily he only spent $2. Its probably the closest thing to actual gambling he'll ever get.
Waiting in line was quite pleasant seeing how the average wait time was about 10 minutes
This was the infamous X2, they kept trying to explain how it works to us but I didn't understand until I was on the ride. The hoods were necessary because it was freezing and so my hair wouldn't whip into my eyes
Its pretty exhilarating because in these seats we were able to spin 360 degrees and we sure did
Since it was halloween weekend, they ran some rides backward(like this one) and I have to say it was one of my favorites of the day.

It was an incredibly fun day and it was great to have my first rollercoaster day with my hubby. I still feel Cedar Point beats every other park which gives me a good excuse to go again to prove it. This park still gets loads of credit and is probably number 2.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! Just one question... Why the hoodies?

    ReplyDelete